Transgender Hair Transplant Toronto
Transgender hair transplantation is at once both very challenging, and uniquely rewarding. Understanding the differences of male and female hairlines is of critical importance in male to female (MTF) and female to male (FTM) transgender hair transplantation.
For non-transgender services, visit our hair transplant Toronto page.
Moreover, transgender hair restoration surgery must also understand variations in the directional flow of hair growth between males and females, as well as factors resulting in future hair loss that may affect current transgender hair surgery.
In FTM transgender individuals, facial hair transplantation can also play a pivotal role in completing the transformation (e.g. beard and eyebrow transplantation).
Male to Female Transgender Hair Transplant
Male to female (MTF) transgender hair restoration surgery typically focuses on differences in hairlines, as well as combating the future effects of male pattern baldness.
Hairs that grow in the male hairline are very different in direction and flow to those in a female hairline. Male hairline hair angles project straight forward, while female hairlines follow a cowlick pattern which projects backward. Dr. Alexander will also discuss with you the issues around further hair loss with male pattern baldness, and plan your hair transplantation accordingly.
Female to Male (FTM) Transgender Hair Transplant
Female to Male (FTM) transgender hair restoration typically involves Facial Hair Transplantation to create a masculine goatee, sideburn, eyebrow, beard and/or moustache hair restoration. This hair transplantation can help create a precise pattern of natural hair growth in the moustache and beard region to provide a true masculinization of the face that reflects on the outside how you feel on the inside.
Transgender Hair Transplantation Techniques
Whether MTF or FTM hair restoration surgery is being performed, Dr. Alexander employs the same general techniques for donor hair harvesting and implantation as he does in all other hair restoration surgeries he performs. He will discuss the benefits of the Strip Technique versus FUE for you, and his highly skilled and dedicated team will work tirelessly to provide you with the best possible results.
PRACTICE POLICY UPDATE REGARDING COVID-19
Coronavirus (Covid-19) Update
Updated March 26th, 2020
After serious consideration and in line with the recommendations of our State and Centers for Disease Control (CDC), we decided to close the practice until at least April 7th. We will need to reassess closer to this date to determine whether or not we can open at that time or if we must remain closed a while longer.
Your health and well-being is our primary concern and we want to do our part to make sure that you are protected.
Effective immediately the following will occur:
- All procedures and in-person consultations will be suspended until at least April 7th.
- The office will be staffed, and we will see our urgent post-surgical follow-ups.
- We are instituting Virtual Consultations for all potential patients.
- Surgeries will be rescheduled.
We are constantly updating our services and staffing according to the local and national recommendations and will always place your health and well-being as our top priority.
We continue to exercise all the latest recommendations that are handed down by the Ministry of Health and Public Health. These include:
- Staff have been fully informed and trained to understand the disease process and its modes of transmission.
- All staff, vendors and ancillary personnel are being asked to refrain from coming to FACE if they have any signs or symptoms of a cold or an upper respiratory tract infection.
- Every patient is also being asked to refrain from coming to the office if they have any symptoms.
- We are asking our patients about any pertinent travel history.
- Hand-washing continues to be the most important mode of prevention. Although it is a part of what we constantly do, now we are doing so with heightened vigilance and attention.
- Social distancing and social isolation are also critically important. Please stay home if you can!
Although Covid-19 is a serious issue, we strongly believe that it will pass and hopefully make our infrastructure and our ability to deal with pandemics in this Country even better than it currently is. We are monitoring this situation on a real-time basis and will not rest until we know that we have done everything possible to avoid unnecessary exposure.
Please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always here to answer your questions.
Looking forward to moving past this and being able to continue to help our patients look and feel their best!